Diarrhoea or loose motions in infants and small children is a discomforting and distressing condition for the patient and parent, both.
Child becomes cranky, week, inconsolable and unwell.
Parent gets worried, anxious and tired of changing nappies.
In small babies usually no antibiotic or intestinal amebicide is prescribed for common bouts of diarrhoea. Most episodes are treated with home remedies of curd, ripe banana and salt-water solution, which is good in its own way but not a substitute to appropriate medication.
And the fitting management for diarrhoea in children is nothing but Econorm.
Econorm is a natural probiotic (in powder form) that has millions of live microbes essential for digestion, metabolism and building immunity in children. It is trusted and recommended by pediatricians globally for over 50 years.
It helps in increasing the percentage of essential microbes in child’s gut and normalizes the gastrointestinal tract.
Econorm relieves and prevents frequent diarrhoea, allowing stool formation from the second day itself. It also guards the child from future diarrhea episodes for the next two months.
Probiotic, what’s that?
Now, you may be wondering what is a probiotic?
Probiotics are live bacteria and yeasts that are good for health, especially for the digestive system. Don’t panic reading the words ‘bacteria and yeast’ which you usually associate with – disease.
Probiotics are ‘good & friendly’ microbes, helpful in maintaining intestinal health.
(It is similar to the concept of ‘good cholesterol and bad cholesterol’.)
The main constituent of Econorm is a yeast, Saccharomyces Boulardi (a type of fungus). It helps to restore the intestinal microbe balance in case of diarrhea. Econorm is used in the prevention as well as treatment of diarrhea.
To know exactly what causes loose motions in small children, watch this video
- Use 2 sachets/day for 5 days
- It reduces diarrhea from the 2nd day and prevents diarrhea for next 2 months
- Can be taken by children from the age group 0-14 years
- It can be used by mixing the sachet in water, any other liquid or food of your kid’s choice
- No heating of the liquid/food in which Econorm is mixed afterwards
- It is available at chemists near you and on all leading online pharmacy portals
- No side effects of Econorm are reported; it is advised to discontinue its use if any unwanted symptoms are experienced immediately after the usage
To have a better understanding of diarrhea and its management in children, have a look at the interesting and cute video.
I am sure you will love it!
Diarrhea & Dehydration
Dehydration is a complication of multiple loose stools/diarrhea. Frequent watery stools and vomiting result in loss of body fluids making the child weak and tired due to loss of essential made of salt and water (electrolytes). Dehydration can result in difficult situation dangerous for young children, especially infants and toddlers.
If the child passes loose stools more than twice and is showing signs of dehydration, take him to the doctor immediately.
Monitor closely, if the child:
- Is passing bloody stools continuously
- Looks ill
- Having diarrhea for more than 3 days
- Is vomiting yellow or greenish colored fluid
- Is unable to hold his stool, in case of incontinence more than twice a day
- Has fever
- Has developed a rash
- Has abdominal pain for couple of hours
Avoid giving the child any antibiotic or antispasmodic without consulting the doctor.