Burgers dripping with molten cheese, mayo laden sandwiches, fried crispy chicken, hot dogs, wraps and all that heavenly street food stuff – can anyone resist these?
And to add the fun, how about ordering it straight from a Food Truck, sitting comfortably inside a 5 star property?
Icing on the cake – extremely affordable pricing!
JW Marriot Pune recently launched a Food Truck, parked at the al fresco area of their premise, serving indigenous fast food, truly street style!
(Remember those food shows from Travel & Living and Fox Life channels? Yeah, exactly like those!)
I visited the place for a Food Tasting Meet-Up, organised for media and bloggers.
As I entered, I instantaneously liked what I saw!
A sturdy black truck with graffiti and menu written all over was parked outside the Pune Baking Company, JW’s much loved bakery and confectionery.
Before I started to dig in a whole lot of cheesy goodness and blew away the diet I managed to sustain for the whole past week, charming Sapna Sharma, Manager – Marketing Communications gave me some heads on about the set up,
- This is the first of its kind ‘Truck’ inside any five star property, not only in Pune but across India
- Menu is going to be changed cyclically, every month
- Everything on the menu is priced at flat Rs. 150/- (taxes extra)
- It is functional only on Friday, Saturday & Sunday – 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Everything ordered is prepared fresh at the truck itself
Not able to contain the drool anymore, I took on a table and started with my indulgence.
The theme for the month was ‘New York’, so there were hot dogs, burger with fries, flat breads, salads, pizza, shakes, smoothies and a whole lot of other interesting snacky fast food on the menu.
- Chicken Lasoon Teecha
- Passion Fruit Slush
- PBC Chicken Burger
GUD Verdict – 3.75/5
- Value for money
- Big enough portion sizes
- Taste meets expectation
- Serving and presentation, bank on!
Its a must visit, Pune.