My daughter is 8 years old. Keeping young kids engaged during weekend afternoons is a tough job. So we usually get into some easy DIY crafts.
This is what she (we) did this Saturday-Sunday.
Hand Puppet from a Toilet Paper Roll
- The inside round cardboard of a toilet tissue roll
- Paint, brush, sketch pens
- Bright colored paper
- Glue & scissor
What we did,
- Painted yellow-black strips on the cardboard roll
- Cut 2 out lines from the colored paper – one round and another butterfly shaped
- Glued together both cut outs on the cardboard roll
- Made eyes and a smiley with a pen
- Don’t forget to add cute little antennas!
Cute Card with a Pocket
- Colourful paper of 2-3 colors
- Zig-zag scissor
What we did,
- Cut small (4 x3 inches) cards and folded them horizontally
- Cut one more smaller piece of paper and glued it to the card from three sides only, creating a pocket
- Made few flowers and grass and inserted in the pocket
- Go on decorating as elaborate as you want
Now, there is a happy & smiling face, feeling proud of her creation and an even happier mamma to spot that little twinkle of accomplishment in her daughter’s eye.
For more easy DIY ideas, click here
2 thoughts on “Easy Afternoon Craft for Kids”
Oh these are beautiful! and so so neat… you guys did a good job… please pat your daughters back for me… these are very nice creations indeed…
I am waiting for when my daughter is able to handle the paper cutters so I can get her started on crafts 🙂
aha… thx ankita! She’s surely gonna be elated when I’m gonna tell her this.