Yes, VEGETARIAN fish.
This recipe is 100% vegetarian but since it looks like a – fish, hence the name.
Perfect for evening snack.
Here is the recipe,
For the Dough
- Maida (Refined flour) – 1 cup
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Ajwain – 1 teaspoon
- Oil – 2 tablespoon
- Water as required
For the Filing
- Paneer – 150 gm
- Boiled potatoe – 1 small
- Cheese, grated – ½ cup
- Onion, capsicum, green chilli, finely chopped – 2 tablespoons
- Mayonnaise – 1 tablespoon (optional)
- Salt, Black Pepper – as per taste
- Knead a tight dough & keep it aside, covered for 2-3 hours.
- Mix together paneer, grated cheese and all other ingredients.
- Mix well in a big bowl. Check seasoning.
- Take a ball of dough (of table tennis ball size) and flatten it like a poori. Apply little water on the sides.
- Cut thin strips from each side of the poori , leaving space in the middle.
- Make 6-7 such incisions.
- Place little mixture in the middle and spread it lengthwise.
- Close the strips over each other in a criss-cross manner.
- Leave some for the tail.
- Fry golden brown in medium hot oil.
For more such interesting recipes, click here
Ideal for Iftar Recipe, Snacks & Tea Time Snacks