Easy Gift Wrapping Ideas
Wrapping a gift is no rocket science but yes, it does need little bit of creativity, and if you neither have time nor skill to wrap a gift like a pro, try these easy gift wrapping hacks.
Regular and easily available papers are needed to make your gift wrapping stand out and look appealing!
You just need couple of things from the list below,
Paper, nothing fancy or expensive
- White paper (thin and inexpensive white chart sheets) OR
- Brown paper(the ones you use for covering school books and notebooks) OR
- Regular newspaper/magazine pages
So all these or at least one option from the above must be available in every household.
To stick, cut and paste
- Pair of Scissor
- Cello tape
- White glue (life Fevicol)
Now the decorative stuff (not all, but any of these)
- Colored wool strings
- Quelling strips in bright colors
- Neon colored paper
- Ribbons, colored buttons, small pom poms
- Passport size pictures of the person you are giving the gift
- ‘Post it’ in various colors and sizes
….and viola!! you are good to go…..
Here are few ideas how you can use the above mentioned material and come up with a gift wrap that is simple, quick and looks like million dollar!
DIY with White Paper
Cut a potato in crescent and let it dry.
Dip it into red color and stamp it randomly on the white paper.
Now, make outline in green color on the circular side.
Place few dots with black sketch pen on the red part.
Let the paper dry and wrap your gift in it.
For added effect, tie a matching string or ribbon to it.
DIY with Brown Paper
Stick some colorful small pom pom (available ready made at stationary shops & craft stores).
If you don’t have pom poms, use colored buttons or even small rounds cut from neon color papers.
Or just tie colorful wool around the gift.
DIY with Newspaper/Magazine Pages
Wrap your gift in a newspaper and decorate it with colorful quelling strips.
Or simply tie colorful and bright ribbons around the gift wrapped in newspaper/magazine pages.
More tips & trick for easy gift wrapping….
- Put all your craft material ready in a separate box. An old box of dress or shirt or even a shoe box is ideal for this.
- Keep some stick-ons ready and handy like bows, ribbons, pom poms, buttons, colorful tapes and other such stuff.
- If you have nothing in hand, stick a photo of yours or the person you are giving it to and write a small note to give it a personalized touch.
DIY ideas put together by Sania Siddiqui
For more such DIY ideas click here
Images via Pinterest