Gripped by the ‘start-up’ mania, today we are fervent to explore new things in every facet of life. Work, leisure, food, fashion, lifestyle – monotony and ‘being regular’ is passé.
So, move over run-of-the-mill party-sharty. A unique social gathering concept is coming up in a big way, where you can paint on canvas, eat-drink, have fun around, listen to some rocking music, unwind and completely chillax!!
And that’s known as a ‘Paint Party’!
Here is more to it…..
Recently I attended a Paint Party organised by COCA (acronym of Cocktails 2 Canvas).
Cocktails 2 Canvas is an innovative platform, brainchild of Charlie’s Angels– Aliyah, Deepika & Zehra.
Deepika (a professional Painter), Zehra (an established Entrepreneur) and Aliyah (a Child Psychologist/Art Therapist) thought of unleashing people’s creativity with a cocktail in one hand and a paintbrush in the other – and that’s how Cocktail 2 Canvas came in existence!
PS – You don’t have to be a ‘Painter’ to join this
PPS – Teetotalers can enjoy their cuppa or a mocktail instead of drinks
How it works!
Prerequisites – None except compliance to have fun & make merry!
Most of the Paint Parties include these…
- 2 to 3 hours’ session, led by an artist-in-residence, organised at a local restaurant or any other similar set up
- Painting supplies including colours, different type of brushes, canvases, easel, color palette, aprons, rags, stationary etc is provided by the organiser
- Drinks/tea/coffee and usually light snacks are served
My Paint Party was at The Classic Rock Coffee Co. at Kalyani Nagar in Pune. It’s a nice place, lots of open space with a heavy rock feel all around.
For whom it works?
- Just-starting painters
- Born painters and even for…
- That sleeping painter in YOU!
- Take home the masterpiece you create
- Meet several other people, make new friends, network or just have your own good time
- De-stress! Colors are known and proven to have soothing & calming effect on your senses
- Enjoy your drinks & food
- Learn to paint from the scratch
- Get high on creative pleasure!
all things GUD comes with a price, don’t they?
Ticket price for these paint parties depends on the location and drinks/food served.
Trust me it is quite reasonable, considering the product quality they offer!
So, for upcoming events by COCA
do keep in touch with…
Zehra – 0-9850906649
Aliyah – 0-9823767064
Visit their website Cocktails2Canvas
Like the page on Facebook
And remain updated of their upcoming workshops in your city and in the café around you!