Chawal ki Kheer has been an old staple in our households.
But in today’s times of exotic desserts, it is kind of getting sidelined.
I have tried to revamp it not only in texture and taste but also in presentation.
Here is my twisted version – Phirni or firni
Phirni Turned Mousse
- Rice – ½ cup Milk – 1 litre
- Cardamom 10-12
- Condensed milk – 2 table spoon
- Sugar – To taste or approx. ½ cup
- Pistachio, almonds, cashew nut – 3 table spoon, finely chopped
- Keora essence/gulab jal – few drops
- Soak half a cup of rice in water for an hour. Make a fine paste in a grinder by adding little milk.
- Boil 1 liter milk in a thick bottomed pan. Add 5-6 cardamom in it. Reduce for 20 minutes.
- Add rice paste and keep stirring on low heat till it thickens. I repeat, keep stirring or else it will turn lumpy.
- Add 2 tablespoons condensed milk, sugar as per taste (approx half a cup), 3 tablespoon finely chopped pistachio & almonds, 3-4 drops of keora essence or a teaspoon gulab jal.
- Chill perfectly in fridge before serving
- Serve in small shot glasses OR
- Colored small tea lights OR
- Wine or other stem glasses
- Good old small clay pots will be highly appreciated
- Garnish with nuts, kesar strands & rose petals
- Cover the portions with cling film to give it a restaurant like look
So, how did you like by quick and easy phirni recipe?